I'm here. LET'S GO

I'm here. LET'S GO     
        































Hey I'm Fran. I play piano (at the moment ;)) in a band called 

I wanted to start blogging as a way of documenting my journey at this point in my life. Good times.

So anyway I'm really passionate about music and in particular, FOOOOOOOOOOD. The plan is to study a Masters in Nutritional Science this year. It's been 12 years since I last studied at an educational institute. Good luck! STUDENT LOAN hello. Best loan I will have..... APPARENTLY.

I already have a degree in CHEMISTRY from the great bastion of science study, namely THE UNIVERSITY OF TEESSIDE. Dr Joe McGinnis I salute you.

As I'm a full time musician I get the odd free moment, so what better way to spend it than to become a ninja in the kitchen. Living with other musicians means I can experiment on them with my "chemistry experiments". Cooking IS CHEMISTRY.

My ambition is to become the full time chef for Cattle and Cane. A promotion some might say. OASIS. To be fair I am already a dedicated cook for the band so I can't call myself a chef can I! I mean my kitchen knives didn't cost £100 each. Victorinox knives are the bomb though (£20-30).

So the idea of my blog is to share my passion for food and keep you abreast of happenings with C&C (sick of typing the full band name). I would like to share fashion highlights but that requires a LOT OF WORK. Work in progress you might say.

I've been veggie for nearly 3 years, thanks to Hare Krishna and George Harrison RIP. One of the great things about being a veggie is it has made me a better cook, and by the way, I don't like to put a label on myself. I'm just me eating a plant based diet. BIG DEAL.

My experience in the kitchen over many years has been a rollercoaster of successes and failures. No failures will be mentioned AGAIN! This is a lifestyle blog (URGGGGH).LET'S GO.

Coming up in future BLOGS.....


  • Sourdough
  • Veggie patch
  • Franafel cookbook available at gigs and online
  • Breads
  • Nutritional tips to keep you keeping on
  • Travel experiences as a food critic and band member




Comments