1ST FRANAFEL POP UP KITCHEN - HAMBLETONIAN NORTON 2.11.2017

My first Franafel pop up kitchen night took place in the wonderful Hambletonian arms in Norton, Teesside UK on 2.11.2017. Historical or what?

I have never really cooked a meal for strangers let alone charged people. I was beyond nervous! The scene was set........ The Hambletonian (www.instagram.com/thehambletonian) is a great pub situated next to a quaint duck pond at the top of the high street. Be sure to pop in for a cracking pint. 

First course was a Patia veggie curry with mung beans and new potatoes with basmati rice AND homemade naan bread. Big shout out for Helen (www.instagram.com/helenhammill) for being the best sous chef a "chef" could wish for. The evening started at 6 pm with drinks and mains were served at 7 pm. Now as any large scale caterers will know, timing is everything! This night was you get what you're given basically, vegan style. So 22 beautiful souls braved the North east bitter winds to venture out and try a homemade vegan meal, even without knowing the menu. I'm so grateful. 



So I'm use to cooking for 4 not 22. Still I had to get out of my laid back style and increase my pace...significantly! 

Next up was sticky toffee pudding. Check this review out.....

No more words needed :)




All the plates came back empty which is ALWAYS a good sign. AND I didn't poison anyone ;)

My reaction to the evening being a success....


On to the next Franafel Pop Up Kitchen!

Comments